Pop noises during playback

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:07 AM
Hi!
Yesterday I tried to create a thread here but for some reason it didn't work so I just try again.
I'd like to ask if anyone has noticed the very subtle pop noises roughly every 3 seconds or so. I have encountered them on two different machines. Those machines are otherwise good as far as sound goes.
Great project by the way, now I can finally use Spotify on a pc without having to use the not-too-accessible web player.
Kind regards,
E
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Hello E,

I must say I've not noticed them until some recent changes I made, what version were you using?

If it was version 2.2, the one being developed, I'm trying some new playback techniques to try and resolve these problems I ran into. There's a newer version of 2.2 up there now. Feel free to try this, baring in mind that it is actively under development. It should be good though.

If it's not 2.2, it might be worth trying 2.2, as the changes I've made may resolve this. Hopefully! If they don't let me know and we'll have to look into it further.

To find the different versions, go to the Downloads page and go to the other downloads heading. Under there should be a planning link. Select that and then immediately underneath should be version 2.2.

If you're not comfortable trying what you might call an Alpha version, then this version should be done soon once I've tested the sound changes on another machine and it should be in beta in the near future.

Thanks for the positive feedback too! It lets me know I'm going in the right direction :)

Thanks,
Craig