Praise

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Hiya Craig,
Just found this again after the latest version of Spotify stopped working, and I have to say it's pretty awesome.

I know it's only a baby etc, but it's still pretty cool!

As it stands, is there any way to have songs played back to back? Instead of me having to hit each one after it's predecessor finished playing?

Good works mate, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next version will bring (auto updater)?

Cheers, and best of luck!

-- Chris Norman
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the praise, it's nice to get some after a while without a release, and I'm glad this is filling the gap while Spotify is having a moment!

I'd love to take credit and say I did all this after you posted very fast, but it so happens that those are features I've already put into 2.0.

2.0 isn't ready yet, I'm only about half way done with it, but as you mentioned 2 bits of functionality I've already done, I'm going to put out a preview release (1.5, maybe?). So if you don't mind living on the edge a little (it's not that bad I use it myself), you can get it here: https://blindspot.codeplex.com/downloads/get/830051

This isn't an official release though, more of a sneak preview. Pre-alpha of a sort.

When you play a track from a playlist now, it'll put all the remaining tracks in the play queue, so it'll play tracks back to back.

You can also use the ctrl+win (or alt+shift) and Q to queue up a single track, so you could queue up a bunch of search results to have an on-the-fly playlist of sorts.

There is also a view item details window (alt+shift+v or ctrl+win+v).

And the options have been improved, including an auto-updater feature. You can either set it to track beta or stable releases (or dev, but I'm using that to check if it still works). If you check for beta, that should be the best one. Or you can leave it turned off to save you some time when it starts.

It's up to you if you want to give the bleeding edge version a try, but I thought as it matched your suggestions, I'd give you the option.

Thanks again!

Craig
Apr 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I'm currently listening to sweet sweet music with the beta version, and loving it!!!

Is there a way to remove stuff from the play queue? Perhaps the same hotkey could delete stuff from playlists (if that's possible)?

When you've coded the search by artist thingy, I'll be the happiest man alive!!!

Cheers, and have a great week.
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM
There's not yet, but there could be! I haven't gotten onto playlist management yet, but that's one of the next big things to tackle. I'd imagine a key to remove stuff from the play queue could be shared between the two.

As for artist search, not yet. It is definitely on the list though!

Cheers.