New Feature Suggestions

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Hi,
I wanted to suggest a couple features that would be excelent in new versions of the program. You may have thought of these already, but here you go.
Now Spotify has allowed for the playing of any track at any time using tablets. It wouldn't surprise me if it is now possible to use a standard account on a computer now, although I imagine that you would have to run it by the developers of spotify.
This second one is the biggest one in my opinion. As a spotify premium user, one of the features I enjoy the most is the ability to listen at a higher music quality. I haven't yet found a way to make this work in blindspot though. Is it possible to add this?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The first one is looking unlikely right now, as I received a "no" from the Spotify operations team about a month or so ago when I asked this. They didn't really give a concrete reason. This is still a big bugbear for me and I'm planning to ask again in light of these changes.

The second one may well be possible. I've added it to the list. Version 2 is nearly done, so it most likely won't make it for version to. But its something I'm planning to include.

Thanks for your feedback!

Craig
Jun 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM
How is development on version 2 coming?
Coordinator
Jun 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM
It could be done. I think. On my list I made before I started version 2, I did have 1 more big thing that I haven't done yet, which is shuffle play. But I think I underestimated how tough some of the stuff was and how busy I'd be.

So now I'm pondering whether attempting to squeeze in a big feature like this into version 2 is a good idea or not. It could take time, but its something I'm sure people will want. I'll take a cautious stab at it to try and see how tough it will be to get done. If its tough, I'll leave it be and save it for the next version.

I'm hoping to have a beta release ready very soon. If I get my way, I'll get time over the weekend to either do that work or get a beta release ready. Watch this space!
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2014 at 7:34 AM
To update you, version 2 is now in beta. After some testing in the wild, it will be released fully!
Feb 22, 2015 at 10:25 AM
Hello there

Thank you for working on this amazing client, and put it out there for free.
I wanted to ask that how's the development going on the client?
also, Here's my two suggestions, one of them was actually suggested by the poster above.
1: selecting audio quality, It's a very important change i'd like to see.
2: can we have offline content with the client? i doubt so but i was curious to ask.

Cheers
Hadi
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM
I'll put my suggestion in here. It'd be nice to be able to share the url or uri of a playlist through the app. Though this might also happen with the issue that was already submitted about playlist management. That is definitely something that I think needs to be worked on if possible.
Mar 4, 2015 at 10:36 PM
I thought of something else that would be nice. A way to seek would really be helpful. I didn't want to put this in the issue tracker so thought I'd put it here.
Sep 19, 2015 at 4:15 PM
A new sugggestion: Could be very interesting share the track yin playback in every moment by twitter or facebook, pressing a key shortcut.
Congratulations for the application and thank you.